On Monday, November 14, 2022, the Department of Medical Laboratory Science, College of Health Science held the national workshop and activity entitled ” World Diabetes Day” The workshop’s first session was presented by Assist Lecturer Hozan I. Rwandzy, lecturer at the department of Medical Laboratory Science, College of Health Science, Lebanese French University. A.L. Hozan I. Rwandzy, at the beginning of the workshop & activity, addressed performing some diabetic tests and the equivalenting of dietetic sugar; then, he presented the background and history of Diabetes disease & World Diabetes Day. The tests such as random blood sugar test (this measures blood sugar at the time the patients tested), fasting blood sugar test (this measures blood sugar after an overnight fast (not eating) and A1C Test or “HbA1C” (The A1C test measure average blood sugar level over the past 2 or 3 months). In the second session, Assist Prof. Dr Yousif B. Khaty, Internal Medicine Physician and lecturer at the Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, Hawler Medical University, provided vital information on the management and instructions of diabetic disease, prevention, & treatment. This workshop & activity aims to promote the importance of taking coordinating and raising awareness of diabetes as a global public health issue and what needs to be done, collectively and individually, for better prevention, diagnosis and management of the condition.
- Clearfinding the result of some diabetic tests and the Impact of the result of the HbA1C test on the health state.
- The equivalenting of dietetic sugar by cubic sugar.
- The management and instructions of the diabetic disease, prevention, risk factors & treatment.
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Yousif B. Khaty (internal medicine physician) MBChB,PhD in Endocrinology, he is lecturer at medicine dept., medicine college, Hawler Medical University.
- Assist. Lec. Hozan I. Rwandzy (Human Geneticist) BSBIO, MSBIO of human genetics, he is lecturer at medical laboratory science dept., health science college, Lebanese French University.