The faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, department of Computer Engineering organized a national workshop entitled: ‘Personal Information on Internet’ for faculty members on 12 Nov., 2023. The session lasted from 1 to 3 pm. The session was presented by: (Asst. Lect. Mohammed Salam) from Lebanese French University, Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, department of Computer Engineering.
- Nothing is free on the internet.
- Big companies like meta and alphabets are living on our personal data.
- There is a study that says the alphabet gains 500 to 3500$ yearly from a single Gmail account per year by selling its information.
- Limiting our personal data on the internet can protect our privacy.
- We all know that these companies know too much about us and that is not the real risk because we are not targets.
- It becomes risky when a third party that targets us can reach into our personal data.