On Wednesday, 5/10/2022, Department of Kurdish language held a national workshop under the title “Awareness and Risks of Addictive Drugs in Kurdistan Region.” In the first session, Dr. Chalak Muhyadeen Nori, lecturer in Erbil Polytechnic University, shed light on the risks of the addictive drugs and their widespread in the region. Then, he explained the ways of reducing the drugs and asked the attendees to play a role in awakening the students and the public to the risks of addictive drugs. In the second session, Mr. Muhammed Omar, assistant lecturer in Lebanese French University, shed light on the great role that university lecturers have to deliver a good education to students and to take the responsibility to awaken the society to these dangerous issues. He, finally, confirmed that the widespread of the drug in the Kurdish society is under the influence of the neighboring countries.
The following points were recommended as solutions for this issue:
- Passing a law in the parliament to prevent the usage of addictive drugs
- Lecturers awaken their students to the addictive drugs
- Delivering constant seminars about the addictive drugs to students and lecturers to have enough information in this regard
- Dr. Chalak Muhyadeen Nori, lecturer in Erbil Polytechnic University
- Mr. Muhammed Omar, assistant lecturer in Lebanese French University
Reference: (Official Decree no. ED&L 45 on 4/9/2022)