On September, 15th , 2022, the Department of General Education held an international workshop entitled “Kurdish Women , Perceptions and Reality .” The workshop’s first session was presented by Ms. Ana Cristina Marques, a researcher at university of Kurdistan Hewler. Ms. Ana at the beginning of the workshop, addressed the gender quotes in Kurdistan Region of Iraq; then, she explained the obstacles, resistances and possibilities of gender quotes. In the second session, Ms. Randa Mostafa, lecturer at Rojava University, provided vital information on the situation of Kurdish women and her role in Rojava. Moreover, Ms. Arazoo Rasool, Phd candidate in college of Art and Science, University Utrara Malaysia stressed on unveiling sensationalism of Yezidi women representation in the media in a postcolonial feminist perspective.
The following recommendations were given regarding reality and perspectives of Kurdish women:
- Empowering women to be the center in higher Education
- Women should be given more opportunities in Parliament
- Government should give more chances to women to work.
- Ms. Ana Cristina Marques, a researcher at university of Kurdistan Hewler
- Ms. Randa Mostafa, lecturer at Rojava University
- Ms. Arazoo Rasool, Phd candidate in college of Art and Science, University Utrara Malaysia