On Tuesday, December 21, 2021, the Department of English Language held the national workshop entitled “Dilemmas of Motherhood in Feminist Theatre”. The first session of the workshop was presented by Asst. Lect. Meram Salim Shekh Mohamad, at the beginning of the workshop, introduced the interrelation between feminist waves and feminist theatre; then, discussing the role of feminist theatre in achieving feminist goals. Moreover, the changes that feminist theatre went throughout the waves and the achievements they gained for women equality. Furthermore, the Asst. Lecturer Laveen Kamaran, and she presented the feminist theatre pioneer writers and their writings.
Motherhood as one of the problematic issues of feminist theatre can be reconsidered by the following:
- Before choosing the state of motherhood female individuals should accomplish themselves and ensure their identities.
- Legalizing abortion on demand.
- Giving women freedom of choice between choosing career or motherhood.
- Asst. Lect. Meram Salim Shekh Mohamad holds M.A. in English Literature at Soran University. Currently she is the head of quality assurance and asst. Lecturer at Department of English Language College of Education and Languages/ Lebanese French University.
- Asst. Lect. Laveen Kamaran holds M.A. in ELT. Currently she is teaching at Department of General Education at college of Education and Languages/ Lebanese French University.
Reference: the college decree No. ED&L 72 on November 21, 2021