On Sunday, 6/11/2022, the Department of Business Administration arranged an international workshop entitled “Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods” in the Hybrid method, both online and offline. The university faculty members participated in the international workshop. Assist Lecturer Khowanas Saeed Qader from the Department of Accounting and Finance introduced the objective and learning outcome of the International Workshop. Then Dr. C. Ganeshkumar, Assistant Professor from the Indian Institute of Plantation Management Bangalore(IIPMB), India, briefed on Qualitative Research Methods and mainly spoke about Comparing the characteristics of qualitative and quantitative approaches / Qualitative data collection techniques, etc. the second presenter, Dr. M. Prabhu Assistant Professor from Department of Business Administration, College of Administration and Economics, Lebanese French University, Iraq. He provided detailed information about Quantitative Research Methods especially talks about Quantitative data collection methods / Ethical issues of Quantitative research / Difficulties in doing Quantitative research etc.
Workshop learning outcomes
At the end of the workshop participants:
- Explain general aspects of qualitative research methods.
- Explains the general elements of qualitative research.
- Explains general aspects of quantitative research.
- Compares characteristics of qualitative research and quantitative research.
- Explains mixed research methods.
- Compares ethical issues of qualitative research and quantitative research.
- Compare some of the main qualitative research designs and their characteristics.
- Categories some of the main (well-known) qualitative research designs.
- Describes the stages of scientific research and qualitative research methods.
- Exemplifies some of the main qualitative research designs based on their characteristics.
- Explains how to improve the validity of some main qualitative research designs.
- Examines the settings, participants, and researcher/researchers’ roles according to the ethical issues, in some main qualitative research designs.
- Explain basic qualitative data collection techniques based on the main characteristics of the research designs.
- Explains the main characteristics of qualitative data collection techniques.
Number of Participants: 34
Dr. C. Ganeshkumar is an Assistant Professor in the area of decision sciences and operations management at the Indian Institute of Plantation Management Bangalore(IIPMB), An Autonomous Organization of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India. He received his Ph.D. and MBA from Pondicherry Central University, Cleared UGC-NET in Management in December 2010, He has 2 years of post-doctoral research experience at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore(IIMB). He served as faculty at VIT University, Vellore. He has published 15 articles in ABDC/ABS quality listed and Scopus/Web of Science indexed Journals with total citations of 204 and completed five funded projects from ICSSR, ICAR, Spice Board, Tea Board, ADB, and UNDP, presented 15 research papers in various conference and organized different data analytics workshops.
Dr. M. Prabhu holds a dual Master’s Degree in International Management & Business Administration and completed Ph.D. in Management (Operations Management) from Pondicherry University, India in 2013. The diverse professional background of Dr. Prabhu leads to success with twelve years of research and teaching experience in the educational field, majorly teaching in the broad area of Operations Management and Research Methodology and currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Business Administration, Lebanese French University, Erbil, Kurdistan Region in Iraq, for four years. He has published seven papers in impact factor journals and 20 articles in various Scopus & international journals and international conferences.