Language Training Centre
In partnership with Birmingham College, UK (British Council Accredited College), the English Learning Centre was established in 2014 to offer British standards English curriculum, study skills, faculty and students training English Language courses, which recognized by Birmingham College.
We seek to foster knowledge and of language in our students. To this end we will provide students in all emphasis areas with a coherent curricular framework and relevant, well-structured choices. We will teach a variety of literary, analytical, academic, and theoretical skills. We will teach students to speak, read, and write effectively. We will encourage students to think deeply and to reflect on what they have learned. We will encourage a love of learning and an appreciation for a liberal education.
The English Language Training Centre strengthens the education of students by developing a deepened understanding of English language, the value of critical reading and effective writing, and the richness of literature, past and present.
1. Graduates in the English course will be critical thinkers on issues of language and literature.
2. Students will demonstrate the ability to engage in comparative analysis of texts.
3. Students will demonstrate the ability to understand various theoretical approaches and to apply theory in textual analysis.
4. Graduates with the English major will be competent writers in genres and registers congruent with the field.
5. Students will demonstrate a capacity to articulate and support their responses to a given text by engaging closely with the language of that text.
1. We value the cultivation of critical reading and reflection.
2. We value the production of excellent writing in a variety of forms.
3. We value the ways the study of language and literature transforms our understanding of local, national, and international communities.
4. We value teaching that will lead our students to participate in society as informed, responsible citizens.