On Thursday, April 21, 2022, the Department of General Education held the national workshop titled “Effective Language Teachers and Pedagogical Barriers for a Global Society” The workshop was about teacher education and the global barriers. At the beginning of the workshop, the first presenter has introduced some factors that hinder the quality of English teaching and learning and then explained the topic in detail with examples. The second presenter has mentioned that if a task is too challenging or too easy for a pupil, they’ll lose motivation to complete it. If a learner doesn’t see an obvious goal, they may lose interest in the task. Learners may procrastinate simply because they don’t find the task interesting. Finally, the third presenter has explained a recent report that has recognized several barriers that impede effective clinical teaching, including time constraints, inadequate institutional financial support, lack of access to educational specialists, and lack of access to 3 appropriate educational space and resources. In the workshop 18 staff members participated.
- Planning. Demonstrates thorough content knowledge
- Instruction. Implements instructional practices that support the achievement of all learners. …
- Environment. Establishes a safe, nurturing, accessible and just learning community Professionalism.
- Saeideh Ahangari holds PhD in English language Teaching. Currently, she is teaching in the college of Foreign Languages, department of English at Islamic Azad University/ Tabriz Branch, Iran.
- Vinnaras Nithyanantham holds PhD in Education. Currently, he is teaching in the college of Education and languages, department of General Education at Lebanese French University.
- Ahmed Azeez holds MA. And a PhD student in English language and literature at Istanbul Aydin University. Currently, he is the representative of teachers in the college of Education and languages, department of General Education at Lebanese French University.
Reference: (Official decree no. ED&L 159 on 20 January 2022).