Lecturer in Computer Science: Teaching
- Date Posted : 19/05/2019
- Due Date : 19/05/2019
Job Type: Academic in College of Education and
Type of Contract: Fulltime
Hours of Work: 35 Office Hours/Week (Sunday –
Thursday) Up to 22 Teaching Hours
Place of Work: Lebanese French University (LFU)-Erbil-Kurdistan-Iraq
Contract Duration: 1Year, subject to renewal
Probation Period: 3 Months
The Lebanese French
University is making a significant investment in new academic positions to
support its strategic development within the next five years to enable the
faculty to be a key player in the field of Computer Science, and
internationally. The Assistant Lecturer and Lecturer in Computer Science related
disciplines will contribute to the success and the development of the Faculty,
especially in the areas of specialisation. Its areas of strengths are in Networking,
artificial intelligence, Image Processing, computer vision, Web design, security,
Programming, and other related discipline.
Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programme
Experience in developing appropriate approaches to learning and teaching, and advising colleagues
Experience and success in knowledge transfer, enterprise and similar activity that enhances the student experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan, develop, and deliver undergraduate modules in areas relating to Computer
· Assess students and stimulate them to have the opportunity to be engaged and
· Design appropriate assessment methods and ensure established standards are
maintained and timescales adhered to.
· Provide constructive and timely feedback to students and other stakeholders and
advise on areas of concern and suggest improvement.
· Carry out research and scholarly activities in Computer Science, particularly
in the areas of specialisation.
· Develop new and revise existing undergraduate and postgraduate Programmes and
modules to reflect the latest developments in the subject areas.
· Communicate effectively with other Colleges/Departments/Units within the
University and other relevant external organisations.
· Build strong collaborative relationships with academics, research centres,
and/or with public and private institutions.
support, counselling and tutorials to students.
· Work cooperatively with academic colleagues as a member of teaching and
· Develop syllabuses and learning materials as appropriate and in accordance with
the University quality enhancement policy and Quality assurance with the aim of
creating interest and learning amongst students.
· Participate in meetings, activities, and boards
qualifications, skills and competencies:
candidates in teaching capacity who are fresh PhD holders (for this position,
in Computer Science and Software Engineering in a relevant field, are appointed
as Lecturers. Candidates from Kurdistan Region and Iraq should have teaching
certificate along with academic title and required to present a recognized
teaching certificate as part of their employment documents.
· Fluency in English language - reading, writing and speaking (ability to teach
· At least Two years teaching experience in higher education.
strong knowledge of the subject areas and ability to contribute to teaching
modules in areas of IT, especially in the areas of specialisation.
ability to teach across programmes and curricula to deliver specialist options
· Interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
good team player with the ability to work pleasantly with colleagues and
students of all cultures and backgrounds.
· Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning
environment for students.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to email their CV and Cover Letter with Teaching Statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by indicating the specific Vacancy Title: Assistant Lecturer and Lecturer in Computer Science.
Please Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For further information, please contact +964 (0)750 4214402