WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE (IRO)
The International Relations Office is the heart and soul of all international exchange activities at Lebanese French University-Erbil. Our task is:
1- The coordination of international research and teaching partnerships, networks and co-operation agreements.
2- Policy support at the institutional level facilitating international education projects and summer schools. Managing, processing and monitoring of incoming and outgoing exchange students services on in and outgoing motilities.
3- Staff exchange links with academic institutions around the world.
4- Development of projects with international partners.
5-The international relations office assists scholars, academics, and lecturers from around the globe who wish to work or teach at Lebanese French University-Erbil.
6-Developing strategic alliances and managing institutional partnerships and collaborations including our membership of the Association of Arab Universities (AAU) and registered in the European Union Portal External.
7- Building partnerships with national and international universities and organizations.
Academic Services is the cornerstone of education and research at Lebanese French University-Erbil. We inform and influence the development and delivery of a range of activities throughout the staff and student lifecycles and provide support and advice to all staff and students, enabling them to undertake their responsibilities effectively.
The International Relations Office participates in the implementation of the LFU's policy concerning international cooperation.
The International Cooperation Section is responsible for:
- Supporting activities related to coordinating international cooperation of Lebanese French University with universities and research institutions at the university level around the world;
- Preparing bilateral agreements(MOU/MOA) on scientific cooperation at the university level;
- Organizing trainings and meetings for international relations officers from partner universities around the world;
- Maintaining the database of al LFU's bilateral agreements with international universities and research institutions;
- Coordinating exchange within bilateral agreements at the university level and providing administrative assistance to LFU staff and students;
- Coordinating and registering ERASMUS+ agreements (KA1 Mobility for learners and staff) and administrative assistance to staff mobility, collaborating with LFU units concerning rankings, and international cooperation; preparing the IRO's distribution list (information about various grants, summer schools, conferences, and scientific events);
- Reporting on international co-operation.
Internationalization of Lebanese French University:
The International Relations Office is responsible for policy preparation and policy implementation in the field of internationalization. The main tasks are to inform, coordinate, and facilitate initiatives on internationalization and international cooperation.
This translates into tasks focused on the following areas and target groups:
Incoming and outgoing exchange students (Erasmus and others) in collaboration with faculties and departments, teacher exchange (Erasmus and others), Internationalization of the Curriculum development and upgrading. Implementation of Bologna system, (ECTS) system application.
The universities and organisations in collaboration with are as follows:
- L’Univerite de Picardie Jules Verne (UPJV)
- The University of Wolverhampton, England
- Heriot – Watt University, Scotland.
- Universiti Utara Malaysi, Malaysia.
- Re: Coded, Erbil, Kurdistan.
- University de Nimes, France,
- Canadian University of Dubai, UAE.
- University of Tehran, Iran
- Salahaddin University, Kurdistan.
- Synergy University, Russia.
- The Islamic University College, Iraq.
- Erbil Polytechnic University, Kurdistan.
- Soran University, Kurdistan.
- The Christian University – Romania.
- Istanbul Medeniyet University, Turkey.
- Bursa Technical University, Turkey.
- Université Mohammed V de Rabat, Morocco.
- Birmingham College, England.
- International University of Erbil, Kurdistan.
- Middle East Sustainable Peace Organization – MESPO. Erbil, Iraq.
- University of Kurdistan, Iran.
Structure of LFU
Lebanese French University-Erbil